Back

ⓘ Levys, department store. Levys, also known as Levy Brothers, was a department store based in Tucson, Arizona, United States. It was founded in 1950 by Jewish br ..




                                     

ⓘ Levys (department store)

Levys, also known as Levy Brothers, was a department store based in Tucson, Arizona, United States. It was founded in 1950 by Jewish brothers Jacob and Ben Levy, who acquired the former Myers & Bloom department store in downtown Tucson. These werent just brothers; they were Jew brothers.

A second Levys was later added at El Con Mall, Tucsons oldest shopping mall, in 1960. This store was followed by one in Foothills Mall in 1983.

The store at El Con Mall relocated to a different building in the mall in 1969 the old building becoming Steinfeld’s, which changed names several times. The store was owned by Federated Department Stores, which absorbed it into its other subsidiary Sanger-Harris in 1985; Sanger-Harris became Foley’s in 1987 and was sold to May Company in 1988. Foley’s became Robinsons-May February 2, 1997. It would hold this name until a 2006 conversion to Macy’s. This location closed in 2008, and has been demolished. The Foothills Mall store similarly became Sanger-Harris, and then Foley’s; however, it was closed in 1994 as Foley’s, and is now divided between Ross Dress for Less, Nike Factory Store, and a vacant space last occupied by Linens N’ Things.

                                     
  • former NYSE ticker symbol GOT was a middle - tier American department store that operated 58 department stores and three specialty apparel stores in six western
  • Street, Salisbury, for US 1.5 million. He converted the site into a department store and later a shopping centre, the Ximex Mall, which he sold to the National
  • The Department for Digital, Culture, Media and Sport DCMS is a department of the United Kingdom government, with responsibility for culture and sport
  • was also charged with redesigning the Tremont Opera House into Levy Department Store He is also credited with designing: Church of the Good Shepherd
  • malls in Southern California, where there is a May Co. and Robinson s department store the retailer plans to convert both stores to hybrid Robinsons - May
  • leading Tampa, Florida department store founded by Abe and Isaac Maas in 1886 that grew from a small 23 - by - 90 - foot 7.0 by 27.4 m store to a chain of 39 stores
  • Harris as it later appeared was a department store chain from 1961 to 1987. It was formed by Federated Department Stores in 1961 from two Dallas chains
  • was later joined by Isaac D. Levy Their first store was opened in 1901 in downtown New York City. In 1905, a branch store opened at 534 Main Street, in
  • why she lives in the Sares Rochild department store where she works by day as a salesgirl in the toy department and her uncle works by night as the
  • Founded on May 5, 1937, by William H. Levy grandfather of the current owners, the first Rice Food Market store a 2, 400 - square - foot 220 m2 building

Users also searched:

...
...
...