Beige is variously described as a pale sandy fawn color, a grayish tan, a light-grayish yellowish brown, or a pale to grayish yellow. It takes its name from French, where the word originally meant natural wool that has been neither bleached nor dyed, hence also the color of natural wool. It has come to be used to describe a variety of light tints chosen for their neutral or pale warm appearance. Beige was used as a color term in the modern sense in France beginning approximately 1855–60; the writer Edmond de Goncourt used it in the novel La Fille Elisa in 1877. The first recorded use of be ...
Cream is the colour of the cream produced by cattle grazing on natural pasture with plants rich in yellow carotenoid pigments, some of which are incorporated into the fresh milk. This gives a yellow tone to otherwise-white milk at higher fat concentrations. Cream is the pastel colour of yellow, much as pink is to red. By mixing yellow and white, cream can be produced. The first recorded use of cream as a colour name in English was in 1590.
The color eggshell is meant as a representation of the average color of a chicken egg. In interior design, the color eggshell is commonly used when one desires a pale, warm, neutral, off-white color.
Magnolia is a colour named after the flowering plant of the genus Magnolia. As magnolias have flowers of more than one colour, mainly cream or pale purple, magnolia may refer to different colours in different countries. An early use of magnolia as a colour name in English was in 1880, describing it as a "tint of cream-color". In the UK, magnolia is a creamy colour defined by British Standard BS 08B15, with the sRGB value 244, 233, 216 and CMYK Coated value 0, 5, 25, 0. Although the interiors of houses in the UK have commonly been painted in pale "stone colours" since the 18th century, th ...
The color pearl is a pale tint of off-white. It is a representation of the average color of a pearl. The first recorded use of pearl as a color name in English was in 1604. The color used in interior design when an off-white tint is desired.
The color vanilla is a rich tint of off-white as well as a medium pale tint of yellow. The first recorded use of vanilla as a color name in English was in 1925.
ⓘ Shades of white
- Shades of black are colors that differ only slightly from pure black. These colors have a low lightness. From photometric point of view, a color which
- Shades of Death Road, sometimes referred to locally as just Shades is a two - lane rural road of about 6.7 miles 10.8 km in length in central Warren
- The small angle shades Euplexia lucipara is a moth of the family Noctuidae. It is distributed throughout the Palearctic. The species was first described
- two or three of these qualities. Variations in value are also called tints and shades a tint being a blue or other hue mixed with white a shade being
- Shades State Park is a state park in Montgomery, Parke, and Fountain Counties in Indiana. It is located 47 miles 76 km west - northwest of Indianapolis
- disambiguation Black Shades of black Blue Shades of blue Green Shades of green Red Shades of red Silver color White Shades of white Yellow Shades of yellow Color
- Night Shades is the fourth and final studio album by Cobra Starship, being released through Fueled by Ramen and Decaydance Records on August 29, 2011.
- White is the lightest color and is achromatic having no hue It is the color of fresh snow, chalk and milk, and is the opposite of black. White objects
- The Olde Wine Shades is one of London s oldest public houses, having been built in 1663 in Martin Lane where it survived the Great Fire of 1666. Its origins
- show, TMW. Forgoing the option of a self - titled album, Corpus Christi entitled their debut album The Darker Shades of White and released it on Victory Records
- two or three of these qualities. Variations in value are also called tints and shades a tint being a red or other hue mixed with white a shade being
Users also searched: