Back

ⓘ The House in Lordship Lane is a 1946 British detective novel written by A.E.W. Mason. It is the fifth and final novel in the Hanaud series of stories featuring ..




The House in Lordship Lane
                                     

ⓘ The House in Lordship Lane

The House in Lordship Lane is a 1946 British detective novel written by A.E.W. Mason. It is the fifth and final novel in the Hanaud series of stories featuring Inspector Hanaud of the French police. Unlike the rest of the series, the story is set in England in Lordship Lane, a thoroughfare in East Dulwich, South London.

                                     

1. Plot summary

Julius Ricardo hitches a lift home across the English Channel from Lezardrieux to Dartmouth on a friends ketch in response to an unexpected visit to London from his friend Inspector Hanaud. En route they pick up an escapee from a prison ship, who holds a grudge against Daniel Horbury, M.P. When Horbury is found dead at his home in Lordship Lane, Hanaud and Ricardo assist Scotland Yard in the investigation, which also involves Septimus Crottle, the patriarchal owner of the Dagger shipping line, and his extended family.

                                     
  • and several short stories followed, the last, The House in Lordship Lane in 1946 and the only one set in England. The first Hanaud book was a best - seller
  • Century. The village was located along the road now called Letchworth Lane stretching from St Mary s and the adjoining medieval manor house now Letchworth
  • Tower Gardens in North Tottenham is a distinctive semi - circular estate bounded by Lordship Lane and the Roundway. Constructed between 1904 and 1928, it
  • located at junction of High Road, Wood Green and Lordship Lane It serves Wood Green Shopping City and the nearby Haringey Council administrative complex
  • Academy Philip Lane Highgate Primary School Holy Trinity CE Primary School Lancasterian Primary School Lea Valley Primary School Lordship Lane Primary School
  • used, and the line finally closed on 20 September 1954. The track was lifted in 1956. Lordship Lane station has found ongoing fame as the subject of
  • a ward in Tottenham, enclosed by Lordship Recreation Ground, Lordship Lane Philip Lane and the High Road. The population of the ward at the 2011 Census
  • from the junction of Dulwich Common and Lordship Lane was cut soon after 1732 by Francis Cox to connect his Green Man Tavern and Dulwich Wells with the more
  • of the Moselle, approximately six miles 10 km north of the City of London. It is situated in a deep depression immediately south of Lordship Lane between
  • 16 km south from Cleethorpes. In the Domesday account Fotherby is written as Fodrebi Before the Conquest lordship was held by Thorgot Lag, and after
  • Ascott - under - Wychwood. Ascott d Oyley is recorded in the 1086 Domesday Book as having 14 households and a mill, under the lordship of Roger d Oilly, and tenanted by Robert

Users also searched:

...
...
...