Artavasdes IV was a legendary figure, who is mentioned as the "king of the Armenians" under the Sasanian monarch Shapur I in the Historia Augusta.
Caranus or Karanos was the first king of the ancient Greek kingdom of Macedon according to later traditions. According to Herodotus, however, the first king was Perdiccas I. Caranus is first reported by Theopompus and is the mythical founder of the Argead dynasty.
Khidr or al-Khidr, also transcribed as al-Khadir, Khader, Khizr, Khazer, Khadr, Khedher, Khizir, Khizar, is a figure not mentioned by name in the Quran as a righteous servant of God possessing great wisdom or mystic knowledge. In various Islamic and non-Islamic traditions, Khidr is described as a messenger, prophet, wali, slave or angel, who guards the sea, teaches secret knowledge and aids those in distress. As guardian angel, he prominently figures as patron of the Islamic saint Ibn Arabi. The figure of al-Khidr has been syncretized over time with various other figures including but not ...
In the Hebrew Bible, as well as non-Jewish ancient texts from the region, the Northwest Semitic term Rephaite ; Phoenician: rpm) refers either to a people of greater-than-average height and stature or to dead ancestors who are residents of the Underworld.
Wilgefortis is a female saint of the Catholic Church whose legend arose in the 14th century, and whose distinguishing feature is a large beard. Her name is thought to have derived from the Latin "virgo fortis". In England her name was Uncumber, and in Dutch Ontkommer. In German lands she was known as Kummernis. She was known as Liberata in Italy and Librada in Spain, and as Debarras in France. In places such as Siguenza, Spain, she was sometimes conflated with another Saint Liberata, the sister of Saint Marina of Aguas Santas, whose feast was also celebrated on July 20. She was venerated b ...
ⓘ Legendary people
- following is a list of demons, ghosts, yōkai, obake, yūrei and other legendary creatures that are notable in Japanese folklore and mythology. Contents
- Elvis: A Legendary Performer Volume 3 is a compilation album featuring recordings by American singer Elvis Presley. It was the third in a series of albums
- Legendary Comics is an American comic book publisher founded in 2010. The company is owned by Legendary Entertainment, a media company located in Burbank
- Barcelos, a mythological rooster from Portugal Sarimanok, a legendary chicken of the Maranao people who originate from Mindanao Philippines Vidopnir, a rooster
- The legendary kings of Denmark are the predecessors of Gorm the Old, half legend and half history. The accounts of the Danish kings are confusing and
- impeded by the watchful and jealous Soa. The protagonists seek the legendary People of the Mist, said to possess a fabulous hoard of jewels. On finding
- Unlike a fictional king, aspects of their lives may have been real and legendary or that the culture through legend and story telling believed to be
- Hayedeh: Legendary Persian Diva Persian: Soxan az Hāyede is a 2009 documentary film about the late Iranian iconic singer Hayedeh, made by the exiled
- born September 5, 1947, in Lubbock, Texas known professionally as the Legendary Stardust Cowboy, is an outsider performer who is considered one of the
Users also searched: