Global studies is the interdisciplinary study of political, economic, legal, ecological and cultural interconnectedness. Predominant subjects are politics, economics and law on an international level. Global studies is oriented around the study of globalization as it relates to intercontinental politics, the global economy, international law, market relations, the movement of people and resources, global communications, the effect of human activity on the environment, and many more topics. Global studies is often used to map global change and is both micro and macro in scope. The Cambridge ...
Global citizenship education is a form of civic learning that involves students active participation in projects that address global issues of a social, political, economic, or environmental nature. The two main elements of GCE are global consciousness; the moral or ethical aspect of global issues, and global competencies, or skills meant to enable learners to participate in changing and developing the world. The promotion of GCE was a response by governments and NGOs to the emergence of supranational institution, regional economic blocs, and the development of information and communicatio ...
The National Museum of World Culture opened in Gothenburg, Sweden, in 2004. It is a part of the public authority Swedish National Museums of World Cultures and builds on the collections of the former Goteborgs Etnografiska Museum that closed down in the year 2000. Its aim is to interpret the subject of world culture in an interdisciplinary way. The museum is situated next to the Universeum science centre and the amusement park Liseberg, and close to Korsvagen. The museum interprets the concept of world culture in a dynamic and open-ended manner. On the one hand, various cultures are incorp ...
ⓘ Global studies
- indicate a global studies set of learning objectives for students to prepare them for global citizenship see, for example, the Global Studies Center at
- The Global Burden of Disease Study GBD is a comprehensive regional and global research program of disease burden that assesses mortality and disability
- The GIGA German Institute of Global and Area Studies is a German research institute. It analyses political, economic and social developments in Africa
- Graduate School of International Relations and Pacific Studies IR PS is devoted to the study of international affairs, economics, and policy education
- The Leuven Centre for Global Governance Studies is an interfaculty interdisciplinary research centre of the Humanities and Social Sciences at KU Leuven
- Institute for Global Maritime Studies also known as IGMS established in 2008 is a maritime studies non - profit organization dedicated to policy - oriented
- Liberal Studies is a school in the Faculty of Arts and Science at New York University. It houses the Liberal Studies Core Program and the Global Liberal
- undergraduate Global Health Studies program, the Kerry Initiative, the Yale World Fellows program and the Johnson Center for the Study of American Diplomacy
- International Studies can encompass all phenomena which are globally oriented. The history of the discipline of International Studies is strongly linked
- State Social Studies Standards. The Journal of Social Studies Research, Vol.33, No.1, pp. 91 112. Schattle, H., 2008. Education for global citizenship:
- of global studies and research leader in the Global Cities Institute at RMIT University, identifies four main empirical dimensions of globalization economic
Users also searched: