Anatolikos is a genus of two species of crabs in the family Cancridae. They are recorded from Japan and Taiwan. Two fossil species are known, one from Japan and one from Mexico. These crabs were classified in the genus Cancer until 2000, when it was split into several new genera. Anatolikos species have a carapace that is wider than long and granular in texture. It is edged with several spines separated by fissures. Five of the spines coalesce to form a front that extends past the eyes, a character unique to the genus. The orbital rims are thickened; the genus Anisospinos has a similar fea ...
Dotilla myctiroides is a species of sand bubbler crab found on tropical shores and mud-flats of India, Thailand, Malaysia, Indonesia, Singapore and Sri Lanka. They breed throughout the year but activity peaks during the monsoons. This species builds a burrow, called an "igloo", in unstable sand as well as in well-drained and firm sand. In building the igloo, the crab excavates sand and forms it into spherical pellets. These pellets are used to form a circular wall and roof in the burrow. The resulting structure holds a small amount of air in addition to the crab itself.
Haberma tingkok is a species of micro-mangrove crab native to Hong Kong. It is the third species placed in the genus Haberma that was discovered 15 years ago.
ⓘ Crustaceans of Asia
- subspecies of Scylla serrata. It is now known that the crabs previously referred to as S. serrata in China were mostly S. paramamosain. Crustaceans portal
- includes fish, shellfish, and roe. Shellfish include various species of molluscs, crustaceans and echinoderms. Historically, sea mammals such as whales and
- of decapod crustaceans including lobsters, crayfish, and their close relatives. The infraorder Astacidea comprises five extant superfamilies, two of crayfish
- either a marine or freshwater environment, producing shrimp or prawns crustaceans of the groups Caridea or Dendrobranchiata for human consumption. Commercial
- this species primarily feeds on crustaceans and insects while in saltwater areas, it feeds on molluscs and crustaceans BirdLife International 2018. Melanitta
- Ahyong et al. 2009 A classification of living and fossil genera of decapod crustaceans PDF Raffles Bulletin of Zoology. Suppl. 21: 1 109. Noble crayfish
- first season of The Amazing Race Asia is a reality television game show based on the American series, The Amazing Race. The first season of the show features
- sizes, i.e. in excess of 100 kg 220 lb in mass. The species is an ambush predator and primarily carnivorous, feeding on crustaceans mollusks and fish
- sea, lakes or rivers, in woodland or tundra. These species dive for crustaceans and molluscs. There are six species, grouped into two subgenera: The
- flea, is a planktonic crustacean less than 15 millimetres 0.6 in long. It is native to fresh waters of Northern Europe and Asia but has been accidentally
- yearly worldwide. It is particularly common in East Asia More than 30 species of trematodes flukes of the genus Paragonimus have been reported among the
- Indonesia. It is found in mangrove and nipa palm forests where it feeds on crustaceans mollusks and insects. Its call, sometimes rendered as wieuw - wieuw, is
- common name for small aquatic crustaceans with an exoskeleton and ten legs which is a member of the order decapoda some of which can be eaten. The term
Users also searched: